Once you have a new piercing, you need to look after it. We call it aftercare.
Neil will give you verbal and written aftercare advice. He is highly skilled but it will count for nothing if a piercing is not allowed to heal properly.
If you follow advices carefully you should have no problems at all during the healing process. In case of doubts, just call the studio or come along.
1. Clean your piercing twice a day, no more no less.
Don’t touch the piercing if your hands are not clean and dry. Most infections occur due to bacteria from your hands.
The simplest kind of cleaning solution is Saline solution. Use cotton buds or clean tissue to apply the solution to the area of your piercing and to wipe away any excess fluid or crust that has formed there.
Try to make sure your piercing stays dry!
For oral piercing, please follow these specific aftercares:
- Rinse your mouth with a mouthwash solution every time you eat, drink or smoke.
- To avoid for 2-3 first weeks: drinking alcohol, oral contact, smoking, aspirin.
2. Be attentive to the changes in your piercing. Be careful with irritation: don’t sleep on the piercing, wear loose fitting clothing around the piercing, don’t heat your skin, etc.
3. Never remove the piercing before the end of the healing process.
Once the piercing has healed, we invite you coming back to the studio to choose a new piece of jewellery.